Competition :: ECO Styler Gel -vs- Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Ok.  So, I watch youtube, A LOT, and by doing so I come across tons and tons of videos about product reviews and the comparisons of this brand of oil vs this other brand of oil or this brand of conditioner vs this brand and so on and so on.  The videos that I am tending to the most right now are the ones that have to do with which gel is “better” than the other, and the brands that are most in comparison with one another are the Kinky Curly Curling Custard versus the Eco Styler Gel.  Since I am new to the natural hair community and need to sample all ways that will aide in my healthy hair growth I decided that I wanted to try Kinky Curly Custard and the Eco Styler Gel for myself, and here is what my hair experienced:

vs

Results

1. First I noticed that the price for the Eco Style Gel is much less than that of the Kinky Curly Curling Custard by a considerable amount (IMO); Eco Style Gel price ranges from $4-$12 depending on where you purchase it from and the size and the Kinky Curly Curling Custard ranges from $15-$30, again, depending on where it is purchased and the size.

1 POINT goes to Eco Styler Gel for being less expensive

2. Second, while taking my hair out from my nightly routine braids the side that had the Kinky Curly Curling Custard was very slippery; able to run my fingers through and soft, while undoing my hair on the Eco Style Gel side it was less soft and harder to run my fingers through.

1 POINT goes to Kinky Curly Curling Custard for softness and the “run through fingers” test

3. Third, both the Kinky Curly Curling Custard and the Eco Style Gel leave my hair feeling dry after my hair has been out in a “free-style” ie fro, but the Kinky Curly Curling Custard side still looks shiny while the Eco Style Gel side looks dull

1 POINT goes to Kinky Curly Curling Custard for steady shine!!

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?!!

***AND THE WINNER IS***

KINKY CURLY CURLING CUSTARD!!!

Yours Truly,

SuperCurlyGurl

Print Friendly
Facebook Twitter Email

Post to Twitter

This entry was posted in Product Reviews and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Competition :: ECO Styler Gel -vs- Kinky Curly Curling Custard

1. Elan says:

Well I am glad you did the comparison for yourself. The kinky curly hasn’t won me over but since I paid a grip for it I’m going to use it up.
    Aside from that, thank you for sharing your experience and details!

P.S You’re hair so beautiful!

• reigna cee says:

Why thank you so much!! I paid a grip for it too but I just like the shine so much more than the ECO

2. My compliments on your test. You did right to test them together on each side of your hair. It makes it really easy to compare and no one can argue with the quality of the test hair, since it all comes from the same place. Thanks for sharing.

• reigna cee says:

Thank YOU for viewing my website and post. I really appreciate it. If there is anything that you would like for me to post or review please let me know

3. todx shoes says:

I wasn’t aware of some of the info that you mentioned so I want to just say thank you
    tods shoes,tods shoes outlet,tods store

4. Tobi Host says:

I agree, I wish more people had this point of view.

5. Cree says:

Eco Styler can dry with shine if you put an oil underneath it like coconut oil or olive oil, or my favorite JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil)

• reigna cee says:

It can? You know I didn’t know that! Thank you for sharing. I will give it a try again because I have so much of this Eco styler and I didn’t know what to do with it!!

6. FIRST LADY says:

I started using the ECO Pink before I knew that this what was being used by many ladies to get curly hair. The pink gel is a Anti-itch and I don’t have problems with it looking dry it has a nice shine! Tried the Olive, and Brown gel and I gave them away.

7. FIRST LADY says:

You can purchase it at CVS, TARGET, ROSE AND GIANT EAGLE.

8. Craig says:

You should try eco styler Blue, it has a hold of 5, for soft curls. I love it, much better than the other eco styler and kinky curly